Hi,

I am trying to create previous and next links in a slideshow. I need
some help finding the ID of the previous sibling in a specific class.

Example: when a link with the class of 'slideshow-choice' is clicked, I
need to get the ID of the previous link with the same class.

I am pretty sure I can find the previous item with this:
$("#"+myid).prev("a.slideshow-choice");.  But, I can't figure out how to
get the ID of that item.

This is what I have so far...

$(document).ready( function() {

    $("a.slideshow-choice").click(function() {

        var myid = this.id;   // get the id of the link just clicked.

        var x = $("#"+myid).prev("a.slideshow-choice"); //guessing this
is how i locate previous item

What am I missing that will provide me with the ID of the closest sibling?

Thanks in advance.

- Jim