Alexandre Plennevaux schreef:
> hello,
>
> i'm in need of a good cross platform solution for file upload with
> progress indication. The usual problem is that php does not have,
> unless involving a  cgi script, the capacity to know the exact state
> of the upload. So instead of using cgi, my idea is to use a flash file.
>
> So i've made a flash / php script that does that.
>
> Now, i would like to make it reusable, hence the idea to go towards a
> jquery plugin that could provide a more usable interface for file
> uploading via web page in a non obtrusive way.
>
> Before i start with the development, i would like to hear from you
> what would be the core features of  such plugin so that you would find
> it useful in your own work.
>
> Here are my specs so far:
>
> - technologies: xhtml/ jquery / flash / php
> - method: replace input type="file" by a flash file via jquery if
> javascript AND flash is available, otherwise fall back to classic html
> upload.
> - flash file displays progress indicator
> - option to display result after upload
> - option to save file url to database
> - option to set the allowed filesize
> - option to set the allowed file types
>

> Any more ideas?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Alexandre

is it possible to get the source files so i can adapt it to asp.net?
maybe that way the plugin can become cross server language.  I was
intrigued  on how it was possible to make a flash load indicator and i
saw this component : http://www.element-it.com/MultiPowUpload.aspx.

Anyway i'm a php programmer but i'm busy with an asp.net site now so i
want to make the best of it and work on a great jquery plugin at the
same time, if you want.

David