I got burned by a debug plugin last night so I'm modifying a great object
dumper to run as a jquery plugin.  Dumping the entire jquery object is too
much and not useful for this application - I only want the objects in the
current selection set.  If I do:

var tmp = $("p");

and there are  2 "p" elements on the page, the selection set is tmp[0] and
tmp[1].  Is there another location in the object where these references
reside? Or what is an elegant and fast way to strip just those items?

Eventually I want to call this using $("p").dump() or $("p").debug()