On 28/02/07, agent2026 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well for one, it's 17k packed standalone whereas my heavily modified Thickbox
> is just 6k packed.  Small file size was one of the top reasons Cody made
> Thickbox in the first place, and it's definately a very important factor for
> me.
>
> Adam

It is only in alpha stage at the moment, so perhaps it may shrink in
size by beta or final release.

The file size has probably increased because it has been made more
flexible as a plugin (I would call ThickBox a pseudo-plugin as you
couldn't do $("a.foo").thickbox()).

The original Thickbox, while good, was not very flexible - the page
had to modified to get it to work (via querystring to add with and
height etc, which I think was invalid as well), elements added after
the page was load required extra work (e.g. $(a.thickbox).unbind();
TB_init()), not smooth when you scrolled (would be better if scrolling
was disabled instead), CSS issues etc.

Also, you had to heavily modify thickbox to get it to work for you
(infact I use a version you posted a while back) - you should never
need to do that for a plugin.