I'm not sure what the issue is that you're referring to, I just ran
the test and it seems to work as you would expect it to: Clicking the
link strikes out the line:
http://john.jquery.com/ticket/td-attr/

Isn't there another aspect at play here?

My first recommendation would be to change:
 var parentDiv = $(this).parents("[EMAIL PROTECTED]");

to:
 var parentDiv = $(this).parents("div:first");

And see if that helps anything - you may be, simply, selecting too
many parent elements.

--John