Hi Gustavo,

this would be more semantic:

   <h2 class="name">Some Company</h2>
   <h2 class="name">Other Company</h2>

Also, ids shouldn't start with a number.

I'd use this function, but I'm sure other people could do better - I'm
more of a CSS person!

function toggleMenuItems(theElement, selectedClassName){
        $(theElement).click(function() {
                theParent = this.parentNode;
                toggleClass(this, selectedClassName);
                toggleSibling(this);                    // the elements in this
container that aren't
this click handler
                return false;

function toggleSibling(theElement){
        var theSiblings = $(theElement).siblings().not(theElement);
        $(theSiblings).toggle("slow");
}

and this in your document.ready function:

toggleMenuItems("div.company h2", "closed");

with .closed { } being any CSS you might want to add.

Thanks,

Dan.

On 3/5/07, JQuery - SimDigital <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How could I get the ID from a parent div of my element?
> I think that will be the shortest path to do what i need, as described
> bellow:
>
> Example:
>

> I'm trying to do a company list of my city.
> The ".moreinfo" will be showed when clicked into "Some Company" or
> "Other Company", obviously showing just more info of the clicked company.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Villa, Gustavo.

Daniel Eastwell

Portfolio and articles: