Your code don't solve my problem, but I believe that I found the problem.

The problem is the label class. When I set the errorClass, the label still
have the class='error'.

$("form").validate({
focusInvalid: false,
event: "blur",
debug: true,
errorClass: "comErro",
errorPlacement: function(error, id) {
error.attr("class", "comErro");
         error.appendTo( element.next() );

On 3/7/07, Jörn Zaefferer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Leonardo K schrieb:
> Whenever plugin validates the field it creates new label with error
I forgot to update the example about errorPlacement, d'oh. Try this:

errorPlacement: function(error, element) {
error.appendTo( element.next() );
}

I tried your example here, and it works.

If the above doesn't solve your issue, could you post an example page?

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de