I knew about each(), but since I had only one element it seemed...I
don't know...almost like overkill.  I was hoping there would be
something like:

$('myele').do (
     /** do stuff */
);

But, that having been said, I guess each() is effectively that.  Maybe
it's only the semantics of it that had me looking for a different way.

Thanks for your help.