Hi folks,

I've tried to use the filter function in the past, but have never been
successful. Usually, I just figure out another better way to do what I
wanted (meaning that filter was probably the wrong choice to begin
with), but now I've got a case where I think filter would work fine, but
I'm still struggling with a couple of things.

1. do I need to use filter(expression) or filter(filter)?

2. what should my expression or filter look like?

Okay, so here's the situation I find myself in:

I've got a page with several select boxes and there are two radio
buttons associated with each one. I need to gather all the select boxes
and then for each one I want to select the associated radio button which
is checked. I could just get both of the associated radio buttons, but I
figure that a filter should be able to weed out the ones that are not
checked. Right?

Here's what I've got so far:

$("select").each(function(){
    var $thisElement = $(this)[0];
    var id = $.ListLast($thisElement, "_");
    // for each select element get the corresponding checked
sortdirection radio button
    $("[EMAIL PROTECTED]" + id + "]").filter(function(){
        // I'm just not sure what to put here... maybe something like:
        $(this).attr("checked");

As you can see I'm leaning toward the idea that I think I need a
filter(filter) instead of a filter(expression). I'm just not sure what
my filter or expression should be or even which one is indeed right.

I would appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks,
Chris

--
http://www.cjordan.us