> Any chance of allowing it to package up some of the official plugins?  It
> would be really nice if I could customize my JQuery to automatically include
> the Compat-1.0 plugin (for older code), Dimensions, and perhaps even
> Interface.

I actually registered myjquery.com specifically for this purpose. I'm going to
try to work on an alternative distribution, much like "MyEclipse" and other
tools that combines the core jQuery with the most common and useful plugins. Or
maybe even let people choose their plugins and save their configuration. Then
it would automatically pull the latest version of each every night and always
have the latest and greatest set of tools available. If you ever want to update
your core or plugins, you just go back to myjquery.com and re-download your
configuration.

Further, if the plugin documentation can be standardized, you would be able to
create a full set of documentation specifically for the distribution that you
have assembled. Maybe including a cheat sheet that is automatically created
from your selected plugins. That would be slick.

I use js primarily in internal webapps, and file size isn't that important. If
I have a 75k library with everything I need rather than the 20k core and 10
plugin js files, that would be great for me.

That's my intent, at least. In reality, I'm not sure I'll have time to even
start implementing it. If anyone wants to take the idea and run with it, let me
know ;)

Matt Kruse