On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 4:31 AM, Gabriele Bulfon <gbul...@sonicle.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have an appliance with both i210 and i219-LM.
> Only i210 get recognized.
> The i219-LM in prtconf shows "pci1849,15b7 (driver not attached)" and I
> see 15b7 is not present in
> driver_aliases.
> I tried adding it manually both as igb "pci8086,15b7" and as
> e1000g "pci8086,15b7", but the card is not identified, so not recognized.
> In the illumos HCL the i219-LM is listed as supported.
> How?

Apparently Intel have put out some new parts under an existing name.  This
is one covered by Robert Mustacchi's upcoming change:
https://illumos.org/issues/7458 "i219 Kaby Lake Support".  I'm not sure
from the proposed changes (
https://us-east.manta.joyent.com/rmustacc/public/webrevs/7458/index.html)
whether you should be able to just update driver_aliases or whether code
changes are required for this part, because some of the changes above are
just an update to Intel common code.

I would try adding the PCI ID as "pci1849,15b7", as your motherboard vendor
seems to have used their own prefix, and maybe it's not reporting its
compatibility IDs properly.  If that doesn't work, you may need to wait for
7458 to integrate.

Eric