I find it useful to manage fonts when I'm working in Photoshop or
InDesign especially. The font lists just get too long and unwieldy
otherwise. A fast machine doesn't help much when you need an
exceptionally steady hand to pick exactly one of a couple hundred
fonts. Much easier to just chop the list down, work from a smaller
set, and then reset the font list for the next job.

Michael Micheletti