Thanks for the link Dave - and some very interesting things in the list -
but one thing I was thinking is that we have been, as
software/web/interface/interaction designers - stuck in the exact same (for
the most part), paradigm for GUIs since 1968.
Wow. It was exactly 40 years ago that Engelbart (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Engelbart) first introduced the WIMP
(Windows, Icons, Menus, Pointer) GUI and we are still using it today. When
is the next interaction gestalt going to sweep over us. Gesture interfaces
like the very rudimentary one on the iPhone is a step - but it's still
essentially a WIMP interface. Where is the next true revolution in
computer-human interaction?

On Feb 20, 2008 8:57 AM, David Malouf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I realize we aren't all webbies, or even software designers, but I found
> the
> inclusion of "Offline Web Applications" in Technology Reviews list of 10
> emerging technologies intriguing.
> While I agree in the importance of this step for "web" technologies, I
> didn't quite see it as the "sliced-bread" quality of say Wireless Power
> that
> was in the same list.
>
> So, I got thinking. Read the list (even the back lists are available) and
> let's brainstorm a bit on what we think the emerging technologies of
> "interface" design/technology are and why it is important.
>
> Hit me w/ your best shot!
>
> Here's the link to the TechnologyReview.com article:
> http://www.technologyreview.com/specialreports/specialreport.aspx?id=25
>
> -- dave
>

> --
> David Malouf
> http://synapticburn.com/
> http://ixda.org/
> http://motorola.com/

~ will

"No matter how beautiful,
no matter how cool your interface,
it would be better if there were less of it."
Alan Cooper
-
"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"