the undergrad BFA program in New Media at Ryerson here in Toronto has
lots of IxD related stuff in it, although I don't think they really
make the association.

i've actually been trying to get in there to do a talk for their 4th
years students, we'll see how it goes.

undergrad education is a big issues .. there was also some discussion
in savannah about a mentoring program, which would also be amazing.

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:32:58, dave malouf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jack,
>
>  YES! YES! YES!
>
>  The only undergrad program I know of is a minor of IxD as part of
>  their Industrial Design program at SCAD.
>
>  I'd love to hear about other programs no matter how tangential (in
>  this case), but DESIGN SCHOOL, not HCI programs from CompSci or
>  CogPsy programs.
>
>  There might be some good media & design programs around, but since
>  they don't talk up IxD they are hard to identify.
>
>  What keeps these programs which are in such obvious need (I mean the
>  job market discussions and lack of Jr. talent should be a huge
>  indicator of need.)
>
>  Why is it assumed that IxD is relegated to the masters degree level?
>
>  -- dave

>  Posted from the new ixda.org
>  http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=26528

Matt Nish-Lapidus