Alex, great questions, and more importantly, what I would consider the
proper attitude.  And I also like how you have presented your perspective as
a personal one and not pretend to speak for entire populations or all of
humankind.  I think this is one good way to make progress in a contentious
setting (dropping bombs on and imprisoning protestors being another way,
although not a very healthy one).

I will just speak to one thing that popped out of your message:  "What
represents power or something functioning? Lightning?"

As a matter of fact, there is just one word in Hindi and Urdu for both
"lightning" and "electricity" -- the word is 'bijlee'.  Who'da thunk,
hunh?!  So for Hindi/Urdu speakers (who live in Northern India and much of
Pakistan) a lighting flash symbol is likely to work well.

Just how did you know, Alex? ;-)

- murli

What represents power or

--