I encountered this interaction design a few minutes ago and it moved me
to post :)

I've been sick all week with a sinus infection and have gone through
several boxes of tissues at home and work. Our brand of choice for the
home is Kleenex. No affiliation, just personal preferance. At work they
provide Angel Soft. A few minutes ago I grabbed for a tissue and noticed
that the one that popped up after was a different color. Not
significantly different, just not white.

After some investigation of the box I realized that a) the rest of the
tissues in the box were this same different color and b) there were only
about 10 tissues left.

I'd like to believe that the Angel Soft people did this on purpose as an
indicator to let me know the box was close to empty. If you've got a
free-standing box you can usually tell when it's getting close to empty
b/c it will lift off the table when you pull a tissue. But if your box
is in some sort of decorative holder it's often impossible to tell when
you're running out. The Kleenexes we use at home offer no indicator.

So here's to you, Mr. Tissue Box Interaction Designer, for not giving up
on your dream of making that little square box a bit more useful.

Happy Friday,

Steven Boyd
  //AmeriCredit ITS
  817-525-7563
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Privileged and Confidential.  This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.