Exactly. Technically - a recession is six consecutive months of decline in
economic activity measured by such things as a decline in GDP. This has not
happened in the US. So far - there has only been a decrease in the rate of
growth of the economy, but there has been no net decrease in GDP. Not even
for one month.

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:22:54, Benjamin Ho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As far as I know and read, there is no recession.  It's actually
> called, "stagflation" stemming straight from the sub-prime mortgage
> market.
>
> How this would affect usability contracts, I would think depends
> entirely on the industry and the company.
>
> As for what's critical to whether or not to involve a company
> depends much on their clientele, how they work and whether it aligns
> with company strategy.
>
> If you're a contracting company, it would be in your best interest
> to NOT lower your pricing for your services - unless of  course you
> think your company isn't worth the money.

> Posted from the new ixda.org
> http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=27558

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"