This post is to request that M$ make a (public) pattern library for
Silverlight. And, to ask that if someone knows of one they can share it with
me.

The problem so far: I'm researching Silverlight and the substantial part of
it seems to be buried in *applications that require install*. I do not have
admin rights in M$ Vista, so I cannot see the work, thus I cannot evaluate
it, thus I cannot share it, and it is not easy for my team to make the case
for working with it.

I remember years ago when I could simply go to the MSDN section for Common
Controls and share those proto-design patterns. I'm looking for the WPF
version of that. And, it's ok if I have to use a Silverlight plug-in to view
it. It just seems like a significant use case "UC0.2: Users discover
Silverlight by exploring web", which has condition "User does not have - and
will not get - Vista admin rights to support installing Silverlight
applications" needs to be met. This
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404716(VS.95).aspx<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404716%28VS.95%29.aspx>just
doesn't really get me where the old Common Controls would.

Maybe someone can point me to an existing one?
Thank you for letting me post this request.

--
Jay A. Morgan