Maybe this thread can be called, "Ok, who broke down and gone
Twittering?" =]

I finally went on as well and first found it to be useless.  But then
I saw all the different messages going on that made me curious.  Then
I tried following some people, but they had updates almost every
hour!  So that flooded my updates and I couldn't follow them anymore
because there was too much noise.

That, I would say is the only downfall of Twitter - noise.  I prefer
the once-a-day update, maybe even two, but not every hour!  Keeping
up with people can seem more like a task than pure enjoyment.

@benjamin_ho