Apologies for x-post. Just really stoked to get the word out.

JUNIOR INTERACTION DESIGNER - Chicago

**Relocation + Visa Assistance Offered**

and

**$500 referral bonus eligibility for successfully placed candidates**

please forward to your top-notch friends

THE CLIENT:

You know I'm not prone to hyperbole. So when I say that this client is

absolutely **one of the most rockin' clients out there**, you know I'm

steering you right.  Truly one of the most sought-after companies by

jobseekers around the globe, this world-famous client is a leader of

the pack in terms of illustrious recognition and awards, is deemed by

a respected industry publication in 2008 as being in the Top 5 of the

"Most Innovative Companies", and contains within its ranks 550+

employees spread across 8 different global studios in the USA, Europe,

and Asia from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives, and

areas of expertise.

They focus in the following disciplines:

Branding, Communication Design, Environments Design,  Food Science,

Healthcare, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Interaction Design,

Mechanical Engineering, Organizational Design, and Software

Engineering

POSITION SUMMARY:

We are seeking a junior level Interaction Designer to join our Chicago

location.

Candidates should have 1-3 years of experience, supported by

visualization, prototyping, and interface skills. Additionally, they

should be comfortable working in multidisciplinary teams and excellent

clarity and communication skills. Candidates should demonstrate an

ability to work across a range of projects: product interaction,

software tools, and web application.

Prototyping and production skills are essential, as well as a passion

for design and a point of view about your work. Additional areas of

skills and perspectives are listed below.

1.    User centered perspective

 Candidates must truly believe in a Human-centered approach to design

and be comfortable going out into the world for inspiration. They

understand basic Human Centered Design methodology, are comfortable

with ambiguity and want to push design methodologies.

2.    Communication skills

Candidates must have strong presenting, verbal skills, written skills,

and storyboarding. Additionally, successful applicants understand the

value of design and brand within a design and business context.

3.    Team skills

Successful applicants believe that better work is done through

collaboration and have the ability to inspire teams through

collaboration as well as direction, vision and planning. The ability

to relate to individuals and nurture talent also a requirement.

4.    Visual design sensitivity

Candidates for this position know the difference and spot the

difference between good and great work and are able to nurture teams

to deliver great work.

5.    Prototyping skills

Successful applicants for this position understand that you succeed

sooner by trial and experiments. Understand that prototyping can be

done at many fidelities and have experience doing and leading that

work. They understand that grounding ideas in concrete designs is the

best way to gain learning and move forward.

Additional Skills Required:

Information Architecture Visual UI Development Flash Illustrator

Photoshop Final Cut Pro After Effects Creation of Physical Controls

(preferred) Creation of Physical Interactions (preferred) Onscreen

Prototyping Tools- Flash (preferred) or Macromedia Director

HOW TO APPLY

Email joanne (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Include your resume, URL, and portfolios under 3MB

(if portfolio is larger, please ask permission to send first).

REFERRAL BONUS

Eligibility to earn $500 as a referral bonus for successfully places

candidates---please help me get the word out on this once-in-a-

lifetime opportunity! Your friends---and I---will thank you for it.

Thanks!

Joanne

Joanne Weaver

President