From: Elizabeth Tunstall <etu...@uic.edu>
Date: Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:33 AM
Subject: [AIGAExperienceDesign] Call to Action: Redesigning America's Future
To: aigaexperiencedes...@yahoogroups.com

**Sorry for Cross-Postings**

Dear AIGA Experience Design group,

The U.S. National Design Policy Initiative has released its policy brief,
Redesigning America¹s Future, which outlines ten design policy proposals to
support U.S. economic competitiveness and democratic governance.
http://www.designpolicy.org/usdp/policy-proposals.html This is one of two
publications coming out of the U.S. National Design Policy Summit. The other
publication will be the Summit Report on January 16, 2009.

The Call to Action is for people to go to the U.S. National Design Policy
Initiative website, http://www.designpolicy.org to leave comments about
individual policy proposals or offer official endorsements of the Initiative
and the ten design policy proposals. Sorry, but the official endorsement
part is more effective if you are a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien. People
have gone and downloaded the publication, but without leaving comments or
endorsements. We need them in order to demonstrate to Congress and the
incoming Obama Administration popular support for the Initiative and the
policy proposals.

I hope that you will show your support at the http://www.designpolicy.org
website.

Warm regards,

Dori Tunstall

Elizabeth (Dori) Tunstall, PhD

Associate Professor, Design Anthropology
School of Art + Design
University of Illinois at Chicago

Associate Director, City Design Center
University of Illinois at Chicago