This is like going down the path where flash has "been there, done that".

Few years back, everyone used to love these fancy Flash websites.
Things move around, fly past, jump, bounce etc.
Why? because it was easier to do it with flash.

Thats the past, everyone has realised that all of this does not add
any value to users (remember those days when you waited for so long
for the website to load and all it did was started playing an intro
with skip intro button?)

So to make it short, I think its an overkill to make javascript do
these fancy animations.
Javascript can be put to better use then this :)

btw. This is not new, if anyone here remembers DYNAPI. It was possible
to do these things way back in 2000 (or earlier maybe).

On this thought, I was surprised to see that DYNAPI still lives, but
never became as popular as Prototype or Moo tools.
Why???

-- Sajid