0 to me connotes the 'home page', 'starting page', or 'back' function (to get to the homepage.)

On Mar 31, 2009, at 2:55 PM, Eugene Kim wrote:

I'm working on a mobile site which includes keypad shortcuts for
navigating a list of items (e.g. press the 1 hard key to open the
first item, 2 for the second item, etc.).  There's a question of
whether associating an item with 0 (which usually represents the
tenth item in the list on many mobile devices) will have a negative
impact on that item.  In our case, it concerns a list of businesses.

There are 2 parties involved, the business and the end user.  Our PM
feels businesses will not want to be listed as 0 (even though this
can change) and that many users may devalue a business listed as
such.  I feel that's probably going a little extreme on how they
interpret the shortcut, but I do wonder about users who may not be
familiar with these shortcuts and whether they'll be confused by the
use of 0 at the end of the list.