Teehan+Lax is currently reviewing portfolios of qualified Senior UI
Designers who will research, architect, and design interactive
experiences for web, software and device-based interfaces. We are
looking for someone who is passionate about creating experiences that
delight end-users and drive business goals: someone who shares our
belief that designing great user experiences is as much about evoking
an emotional response as it is about providing users with a means to
an end. Candidates must be able to show examples of how they solved
complicated problems without burdening users with complexity.

Qualifications

        • At least 5 years professional interactive design experience.
        • College or University Graduate in a related discipline (interaction
or information design, HCI, computer science, behavioural sciences,
etc.)
        • Strong knowledge and experience in Information Architecture.
        • Ability to perform visual design a bonus
        • Strong leadership and people management skills.
        • Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in all levels of
designers.
        • Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the
ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all
levels of a client organization.
        • Must live, or be willing to commute to Toronto.
Creative

        • Responsible for the developing of underlying content and functional
architecture, navigation systems, interface elements, information
design, and screen layouts for Web sites and other interactive
applications.
        • Able to perform systematic analysis (i.e. task flow, workflow,
technological and organizational implications) and validation
(prototyping, user and A/B/multivariate testing).
        • Able to explore and document design decisions in a variety of
modes, from high-level sketches to boxes-and-arrows flow diagrams to
detailed wireframes.
        • Proficiency with drawing and graphing applications, HTML,
interactive prototyping tools.
Management

        • Provide leadership throughout project discovery, Information
Architecture, visual concept development and front-end development.
        • Help manage day-to-day operations, including setting priorities,
assigning resources and ensuring project goals are achieved.
        • Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion,
reviewing project plans, designs and deliverables.
        • Identify and implement process improvements to meet project and team
needs.
Client

        • Work with Partners and Associates to ensure they are reacting
appropriately to the strategic, logistic and creative needs of the
client.
        • Participate in the creative role of new business pitches, proposal
development and project initiation.
        • Work closely with clients through a consultative, participatory
approach. Establish and nurture good client working relationships.
Team

        • Oversee the creative output of your team.
        • Monitor and drive an ideal balance in the available skills and
personality of the team towards the needs of our customers.
        • Monitor and drive the team to utilize the best and latest methods
and tools to be competitive.
        • Help develop the culture and mindset of the team to ensure they are
healthy, happy, inventive, curious, and open.
        • Mentor the careers of your direct reports.
        • Promote a culture of innovation and teamwork.
What’s different about working at Teehan+Lax
We focus exclusively on front end user experience design for the
digital channel. There are no back-end build teams, no offline
divisions. Everyone you’ll be working with desires to create best in
breed user experiences. In fact, 90% of the staff here hold creative
positions. That means no Account Managers, no Managing Directors, no
Business Analysts. We maintain very little hierarchy. There are two
roles at Teehan+Lax: Partners and Associates. The people with the
right skills are put on the right projects. We’re small and nimble.
There are no pitch teams, no “B” teams. All of our staff work directly
with our clients, so if a client has a question that relates to IA
they’ll speak to the Associate or Partner who worked on it – not an
account manager.

How to apply
If you’re talented, smart, hard-working and dedicated, we’ll enable
you to do the best work of your career. Send us a resume and portfolio
of your work to “jobs [at] teehanlax [dot] com”. Suitable candidates
will be contacted promptly. Please no phone calls.