UX team should not ignore what customer support team is saying but
understand why they are saying like that. Especially customer
supporting have to face with many angry users who have big complains
rather than happy one. So their frustration with some issue is
understandable. Sometime, it will be urgent issue which may need
massive recall due to design problem.

But UX team must understand what is a root cause and what we should
do to solve the issue. Usually having right solution is possible but
may be too late for launched products. E.g. Upgrading SW is only
limited access.

For me, I could access Customer service team's database for
research. I can read user's profile with problem and find useful
pattern as well.  I could forensic study with replaced parts and
matched with each user's profile (all part had ID).

Please ask them to share their database (if there is nothing,
encourage them to make one) It will be powerful accumulation and
worth to spend time on data mining as well.

Please appreciate CS team's effort and opinion. But you don't need
to follow their direction.