I'm not sure monetary or point rewards are going to be helpful here.

As I cautioned above, shifting the focus of your user from the task
to the reward may cause them to be less interested in (or have less
positive feelings about) the task.  That is, causing the user to
refocus on rewards (extrinsic motivation) is going to reduce that "i
really wanna do this (for me/because it is important for my health/to
look good in my wedding dress/etc)" feeling (intrinsic motivation).
 Rewards would have to get progressively more enticing in your case
because the task gets progressively more difficult (the first 2 lbs
are easier than the last 2 lbs) and the reward to difficulty ratio
probably needs to increase to continue to be a successful motivator.

Since losing weight is about health and/or image (still guessing not
knowing your users), I think you might capitalize on those
motivators.  You may still choose to frame them as rewards earned at
certain milestones, but the rewards should be designed to reinforce
health and/or image benefits rather than distract from them.  E.g.,
"50% there, 2 more lbs and you will fit in your wedding dress"
..."75% there, and now it fits. 2 more lbs and it will be
comfortable too!"

But, to answer your question, if you are intent on using rewards, I
think you are best off giving achievable (but not too easy), specific
goals that are within reach. As for presentation, I think a few of us
have given examples of why you should give one goal at a time, but
when users are near that goal, present the following goal so they
never have a moment without an achievable but not too easy, specific
goal that is within reach.  See Psych literature re: goal setting
theory.

To answer a question you didn't ask, I think you should avoid
rewards that distract from the task.  Others have suggested similar.
Think about rewards that capitalize on and complement intrinsic
motivators.

Have you done any research into how nutritionists and personal
trainers, etc. reward their clients?  I bet they have some methods
proven by trial and error.

jz