On 28 Aug 2009, at 07:21, Karen Dee Davis wrote:

I am hoping one of you has some legal speak you'd be willing to share
on contract requirements for usability standards. We have a vendor
whose product has serious experience issues and want to make sure
they get addressed throughout the product lifecycle.

To be honest - I don't think I'd try that technique. Never seen attempts to specify usability standards via contract to be effective in any way. I've love to hear any counter examples :-)

Instead can you start to look at (or even contractually require :-) how you work with your vendor? Getting involved with their requirement and development process so you can help make sure that the client meets your actual requirements rather than some arbitrary feature list?

Cheers,

Adrian
--
http://quietstars.com  -  twitter.com/adrianh  -  delicious.com/adrianh