Do you mean something like this:

Column One                      Column Two
Lorem Ipsum     1,240
Dolor sit amet  2,005
Consectetur     1,234 [5v]
Adipiscing elit 2,111 [1v]
Cras lectus       -32
Neque          -1,221 [3v]

Values are underlined to show that they are links as well as how many items are
available. My only concern about the [+ #] is users confusing those numbers
with the data itself. So what I am showing is the number of additional values
with an arrow icon. You could show something like this:

Column One                      Column Two
Lorem Ipsum     1,240
Dolor sit amet  2,005
Consectetur     1,234 v
Adipiscing elit 2,111 v
Cras lectus       -32
Neque          -1,221 v

with the number underlined and an arrow icon...more than one way to approach
that idea I guess. But it depends on how the rest of the data is being treated,
if at all.

Now when you say there could be multiple values associated with that field, are
they underlying values that add to the main number in the cell, or just more
of...? I am just curious about the association of the number to each other
within that one cell.

What you could do with the above as you described and I "redrew" is the
following.

User clicks a multiple value cell and gets:

Column One                      Column Two
Lorem Ipsum     1,240
Dolor sit amet  2,005
Consectetur     1,234 [5v]
  Consectetur1  1,233
  Consectetur2  1,423
  Consectetur3  3,221
  Consectetur4   -935
  Consectetur5   -321
Adipiscing elit 2,111 [1v]
Cras lectus       -32
Neque          -1,221 [3v]

Have the row expand to show the additional values, or expand the grid by adding
rows to accommodate the additional values. I would also use a tone to indicate
the grouping of the expanded values.

Doing something like this would also give you the opportunity to add a notion
of "Expand All"/"Collapse All" to display all hidden values in one click if
that was of value.

You also have the potential of a pop-up (or floating temporary panel), but in
applications, especially data grids, too many pop-ups can be confusing and
annoying, and if that's not the metaphor in use throughout the application, it
may not be a fit.

I hope this helps at least generate more thoughts.
Jennifer