I'm a fan of SxSW. Heading back for my third year, and its always been
stimulating, good networking, educational, and fun. Its also
incredibly intense and I always feel like a zombie by the last day. A
few tips:

- Accept that you won't be able to do everything you want to do, and
don't stress out over missing stuff.
- Don't even dream of getting a gold or platnium pass. You won't end
up seeing movies (the film fest overlaps with interactive) and staying
for another week of music—which is even bigger and louder and more
raucus—is a LOT of work. If you do stay for music, plan on taking a
day or two off to just kick around Austin and dodge the whole Sx crew.
- Avoid schlepping a laptop around all day. A macbook is too big to
carry around all day for a week. It's almost worth buying a $200
netbook just for Sx.
- Do not rent a car. Cabs are cheap. A hotel near the convention
center is well worth it.
- Seek out sessions based on the speaker, not the session title.
- Carry the daily schedule in your badge pouch.

That's all I've got off the top of my head. Are a lot of ppl going?
Should we plan an IxDA meetup?

Best,

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 12:18 PM, carriehilliker <car...@fordvisuals.com> wrote:
> I'm starting to plan for next March's SXSW but have never been. I'd
> love to see who else is planning to attend and if any of the vets
> think it's worth going.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts in advance!
>
> Carrie
>
> @fordvisuals

@jonathanpberger
http://www.marketpublique.com
http://www.jonathanpberger.com
718.930.2165
This email is:     [*] bloggable     [ ] ask first       [ ] private