The LG site is using something called an attribute explorer, devised by
Robert Spence at Imperial College here in the UK around 15 years ago. (I
attended a session on information visualization at CHI in the mid 90's
where Ben Schneiderman did a section on it). I keep wondering why no one
is using it effectively (Amazon's diamond selector at
http://www.amazon.com/Loose-Diamonds-Diamond-Engagement-Rings/loosediamo
nds?_encoding=UTF8&productGroupID=loose_diamonds is half-hearted since
it does not show the result in real time). The LG implementation is a
great improvement.

There is an IBM demo of attribute explorer here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/us-atex/

Regards,

William Hudson
Syntagm Ltd
Design for Usability
UK 01235-522859
World +44-1235-522859
US Toll Free 1-866-SYNTAGM
mailto:william.hud...@syntagm.co.uk
http://www.syntagm.co.uk
skype:williamhudsonskype

Syntagm is a limited company registered in England and Wales (1985).
Registered number: 1895345. Registered office: 10 Oxford Road, Abingdon
OX14 2DS.

Confused about dates in interaction design? See our new study (free):
http://www.syntagm.co.uk/design/datesstudy.htm

12 UK mobile phone e-commerce sites compared! Buy the report:
http://www.syntagm.co.uk/design/uxbench.shtml

Ajax Design and Usability course - Berlin:
http://www.nngroup.com/events/