Repost: "Suggestions or Templates for Creative Brief + User
Requirements for Design Firm"
http://www.ixda.org/discuss.php?post=16508#tags

The post is well articulated, to me at least. But there was only one
response. So I am reposting this thread because, frankly, there is a
fundamental question that hasn't been answered and that I feel
deserves attention from the community.

Dan Saffer's first book mentioned that there are alternative specs
other than the loathsome BRD, but that they were experimental (I am
paraphrasing). But that's the standard with systems built in the
enterprise space. I have used mixtures of "adhoc" "experimental"
techniques for the peculiarities of a given project, such as a BRD in
After Effects. However, I have one of those rare situations where
there are a few extremely talented people involved, the decision
makers, and we can shape the requirements-vision-design-lifecycle all
the way through from the beginning.

I would love to hear specific success stories that were perhaps
experimental, that spoke in the language of business people AND
programmers, but at the same time, inspired a successful product that
was actually built and delivered, rather than, posts about how the
interpersonal dynamic of the modern business world gets in the way.

I am sure I have violated some rule by doing this, but I am an
artist, in my defense. Thanks in advance.