Melvin Jay Kumar wrote:
I would like to learn and explore experience design for the hardware
environment. ( E.g. Hand phones , MP3 players , Interactive TV,
etc...etc...)

I'd start with learning the basics of physical computing, which you can do pretty easily on your desktop. There are a lot of free/cheap opensource tools out there and two how-to books I would start with are:

Tom Igoe's _Making Things Talk_

Noble's _Programming Interactivity: A Designer's Guide to Processing, Arduino, and Openframeworks_

--
J. E. 'jet' Townsend, IDSA
Design, Fabrication, Hacking