What: The Linux Foundation will be performing system updates across the
OpenDaylight CI environment.

When: Saturday, October 22, 2016 @ 08:00 - 12:00 PDT (15:00 - 19:00 UTC)

Why: Now that we're at the start of the Carbon cycle it's time for us to
go through the environment and bring everything up to date.  This first
round of updates will be system level updates for all systems in the
environment. We will also be upgrading Nexus to the latest version
(2.14.0-01) as well as upgrading the Jenkins sandbox to the latest LTS
version of Jenkins (2.19) so that we may verify that an upgrade of the
production system will not have issues.

Impact: The entire environment will see rolling outages during the
updates as systems are rebooted to take the latest kernel and security
changes. Nexus and the Jenkins sandbox will offline for an extended
amount of time during the outage for their upgrades.

We will be sending out a note to the lists and #opendaylight IRC channel
on Freenode at the beginning and end of the maintenance.

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Systems Administrator