O.K. Paul.

I'll need to think about that for a couple of days.

Landon

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Ramsey
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:15 PM
To: OSGeo Discussions
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Google Summer of Code

Landon Blake wrote:
> Can you give me an idea of how much work would be involved?

Not that much work, but somewhat continuous attention. You need to be
available when you are needed.  Main chunks of work are:

- At the start, get together the initial submission to be an
organization.
- Get together good project ideas, weed out the bad ones, make sure that

every idea has a committed mentor available, should it be proposed and
accepted.
- Get together a mentor pool who will evaluate submissions.
- Answer questions from students during the student proposal phase.
- Whip mentors to do their evaluations.
- Once students are selected, ensure that people are happy and
communicating on a regular basis.
- Whip mentors to do their midterm and final evaluations.

There are some good suggestions on screening project ideas and students
from the Mentor Summit from last year.

http://www.red-bean.com/ospowiki/MentorSummit-2006

--

   Paul Ramsey
   Refractions Research

Warning:
Information provided via electronic media is not guaranteed against defects
including translation and transmission errors. If the reader is not the
have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately.