To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 1:11 AM
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] standard for pushing data from GPS
device to a web service (iteration 2)

Hello again, I am starting a new thread cause I lost the
references and
found the message I am replying to via Google, sorry :-(

The initial discussion is available in archives

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2007-January/001354.html

Please, could you explain what you mean as "protocol"
here?
Do you mean protocol for communication between GPS data
reader
and GPS receiver device?
Or protocol for data exchange between GPS data
processing software?
The second, the protocol I interested in is communication
between our
board (CPU+GPS+GPRS) and data processing software
(webservice). The idea
is for this protocol to be open and well-known, so it
would make
different boards be able to connect to different data
processing software.

Cameron Shorter
Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050