and could point me in the right direction? Cholmes sort of
unconvincingly suggested [EMAIL PROTECTED] Does anyone else
have a thought?

Well, it's interesting to hear about use cases there. And the
committee has a remit to run a public geodata registry / repository;
so we ideally *should* be able to offer this kind of answer.
Yeah, my thought was that ideally that list would have a bunch of people who are really good at finding GIS data, and when someone asks a question like that if it's not already in the repository they would have good leads on how to hunt it down, and then be able to easily add it to the repository. But I realize that's not how it's set up now, which was why my answer was unconvincing.

cheers,

jo

!DSPAM:4005,4797b36b254038362916074!

begin:vcard
fn:Chris Holmes
n:Holmes;Chris
org:The Open Planning Project
adr:;;349 W. 12th Street, #3;New York;NY;10014;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Managing Director, Strategic Development
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://topp.openplans.org
version:2.1
end:vcard