-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael P. Gerlek
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:17 PM
To: OSGeo Discussions
Subject: RE: [OSGeo-Discuss] Job Postings / Job Wanted

(We've actually discussed this once before, I think, very early on.  How
time flies.)

>From my perspective, as a hypothetical seeker of employees, I want to
reach as many people as possible: to wit, *everyone* is subscribed to
the Discuss list, but only a small subset would be subscribed to the
Jobs list.  That is, you have to know the job list exists first, and
then you have to actually subscribe... and many of the people I would
want to reach aren't subscribed because they don't think they need a new
job yet...

Back in the day, when I was on a different career path, comp.compilers
had an enlightened policy for this.  (It was a moderated list, but the
idea still holds.)  Every N weeks, the moderator would post a single
mail with a summary of jobs offered / jobs wanted.  In this way, the
mails were low volume and also easily filtered out.

No reason we couldn't play the same game for things like press releases.

-mpg