The deadline for papers for GeoWeb 2008 is March 7th:
http://www.geoweb.org/cfp-08.asp

Having been involved with this conference for several years, I find it
yields a nicely different set of offerings than the "usual" fare.  This
year, the focus is very much on GIS infrastructures -- both
"information" and "physical" infrastrucutres.  (And, the venue is great
too: Vancouver BC in the summer is glorious...)

This year there is also a student competition for best technical
contributions, likely with significant cash prizes:
http://www.geoweb.org/student_contest.asp

As a member of the program committee, I strongly encourage members of
the open source community to submit papers, both students and otherwise.
I see a good fit for projects that show the value in using and combining
OS systems into existing or new infrastructure ecosystems.

If any questions, feel free to contact me directly.

-mpg