I like the idea and would like to provide occasional content.

Is it possible for me as a blogger to categorize my entries and for planet.osgeo to only take the OSGeo related entries I consider worthy? This feature should improve signal to noise ratio.

Or for uses to filter out authors or categories?

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
Folks,

Is there any plan or motion to setup an official OSGeo Planet?
Chris developed and maintains it at http://planetosgeo.crschmidt.net/
and it gathers a number of OSGeo bloggers, so the idea works!

Perhaps it's a good idea to setup (or move) Chris' work to planet.osgeo.org and make it more an official OSGeo Community thing.

There is a number of well-known and popular planets around the Web:
http://planet.debian.org/
http://planet.gnome.org/
http://planet.ubuntu.com/
etc.

and all of them play very important role in these communities.

Perhaps this subject has been discussed already, but I couldn't find anything in the archives.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

--
Cameron Shorter