Hi Tyler:

I'd certainly be pleased if there were more OSGeo activity here in Israel (and adoption of other open source software as well). However ESRI is very solidly implanted here. For the most part Israelis equate GIS with Arcview, and are not aware of alternatives. In my estimation, there's an uphill climb before reaching the level where we can start talking about a local chapter.

Cheers,

Micha

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

Is anyone on this list interested in or working on local chapter work in Israel or Romania?

This mail was sent via Kinneret Mail-SeCure System.