Hi,

I'm happy you feel concerned about that. So do I, and even if I'm not frightened for my own safety, going in a country where such things are happenning put me in a real trouble. I know it can be silly to avoid the trip because of that, but I can't really figure out how to travel there in complete unconsciousness.

Guillaume

Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
Hi all.
I'm informed, both from the newspapers and from South African friends, that there are serious concerns about safety in South Africa. Of course this will not affect FOSS4G directly, but I'm sure many of us are planning to have some holidays before or after the conference, so not being able to tour around freely will detract much from the appeal of the conference. This could result in less participation, thus in turn in lower general interest. Any news or indications from local organizers? I think this is a problem that should be dealt with, for the best success of the meeting.
All the best.
pc