On 23-Jun-08, at 11:40 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

Bjorn Sandvik ha scritto:

I'll consider the pros and cons between different licenses. I don't have
commercial interests,
but I would like the project to be sustainable.

I've changed my mind about using SourceForge, - I agree that Google Code
is more suitable.

Please note:
- GPL is more widely used
- many people prefers it, for good reasons (too long to explain here)
- Google Code apparently puts severe restrictions on exporting code to
several countries.
All the best.

Similarly there are many good reasons for the long-term sustainability of the project to embrace a more open license such as the BSD which welcomes all participants - even if they have proprietary commercial interest. We avoid GPL like the plague for exactly this reason.

Dave