Thanks Jason,

Those results that I reported attest the performance of GDAL tools. You could
get completely different results if you use tools from other vendors, like XCI,
ACXG1S and FM3 [1]. There are some options on how that could be implemented but
I believe we did some good choices in GDAL.

Best regards,

Ivan

[1] - These names were mixed on purpose ;)