I'll wait for others to respond. If we don't already have this
information on the wiki I will create a page.

Landon

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alex Mandel
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 1:50 PM
To: OSGeo Discussions
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Does the OSGeo have a historian?

Landon Blake wrote:
> While preparing my recent proposal for the OSGeo I realized there
wasn't
> a lot of information on the history of the organization. I realize
part
> of this is because the OSGeo is pretty young as far as organizations
go.
> However, most of the information I could find about the OSGeo was
> related to the founding of the organization. Do we have any type of
> timeline that presents important events in the history of the OSGeo
> since that time? Do we have a historian?
>

> I'm thinking that such a timeline could contain information about
> projects and sponsors joining the OSGeo, brief summaries about OSGeo
> conferences, and information about the formation of local OSGeo
> projects.
>

> Landon

Thanks for asking about this, I was interesting in such information too.

I want to make a timeline of OSGeo and OSGeo projects for a poster that
we can use in marketing.

Maybe we need a history page on the wiki to track such information in
one place similar to Tyler's recent summary of OSGeo contributors.

Alex

Warning:
Information provided via electronic media is not guaranteed against defects
including translation and transmission errors. If the reader is not the
have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately.