Hi,

I work for Andalucia's regional gobernment [1], in Spain. We have developed
an open source SOA oriented geocoder, and we are going to publish it before
the end of this year.
It's being developed with Java, and its public API will be SOAP based. We
have choosen SOAP for the geocoder's horizontal character (many departments
needs basic geocoding capabilities
We are planning to host it in Andalucia's repository [2], and probably in
OSOR [3].

In addition to this, spanish gvSIG project will have geocoding capabilities
too [4].

Both projects are open source collaborative projects, so I hope youll have
all the help you need.

Best regards.

[1] Introduction to FLOSS in Andalucia.
[2]
http://repositorio.junta-andalucia.es/repositorio/index.jsf?linkDummyForm:_idcl=_id40&select_locale=en&;
[3] OSOR GIS Community.
[4] gvSIG geocoding library (in developing):
http://subversion.gvsig.org/gvSIG/trunk/libraries/libGeocoding/src/org/gvsig/geocoding/

--
Alvaro Zabala Ordóñez
[EMAIL PROTECTED]