You may get in touch with the OpenScales project team in order to get additional feedback:
http://openscales.org/
OpenScales is a very new project aiming at building with Flex something similar to OpenLayers.

Regards,

Benjamin Chartier

Dirk Frigne a écrit :
Sorry for the cross posting, but I found an interesting mail about
performance and webmapping in the majas developers list.

Today, Geomajas is written in Java for the server part, and uses _javascript_
in the frontend.
Although the performance is good enough to support a proper amount of
editable objects, we always are looking to mechanisms to improve the speed
and usability of the front end.

Pieter has done some tests with the Flex technology and they are very
promising(details in his mail attached).
Should it be a problem for distribution that the technology is shipped in
the form of an installable plug-in instead of native browser technology such
as VML or SVG, or isn't that an issue?

And who has experience with this technology?

I would appreciate your feedback ...

Sincerely,
Dirk Frigne

http://www.geomajas.org