I believe the appropriate term in reference to this patent is "prior art" - not
only has similar and more advanced technology been described by science fiction
authors for decades, but there are the wireless devices used in a number of
museums which provide information about the exhibit you are near to. Then
again, conceptually, it is clearly a minor variant on points of interests on
maps and therefore covers all mobile GPS devices. I think people in Apple are
being targeted to submit patent applications.

If this one doesn't fail in the US patent system I will personally fight it to
the death before it gets accepted in Europe...

Chris

----- "Landon Blake" <lbl...@ksninc.com> wrote:

> My favorite line from the patent application:
>
> "The many features and advantages of the present invention are
> apparent
> from the written description. Further, since numerous modifications
> and
> changes will readily occur to those skilled in the art, the invention
> should not be limited to the exact construction and operation as
> illustrated and described. Hence, all suitable modifications and
> equivalents may be resorted to as falling within the scope of the
> invention."
>
> It sounds like there are talking about some pretty fundamental ideas
> in
> the patent. Still, this is a rather cutting edge area of technology,
> so
> maybe this hasn't been done before?
>
> Still, it sounds like trying to patent the first drive-through
> restaurant. Don't know that there is a huge amount of innovation
> going
> on here.
>
> I'd think other companies interested in mobile applications (like
> Google
> and Microsoft) would be all over this patent application.
>
> Landon
> Office Phone Number: (209) 946-0268
> Cell Phone Number: (209) 992-0658

------
Files attached to this email may be in ISO 26300 format (OASIS Open Document
Format). If you have difficulty opening them, please visit http://iso26300.info
for more information.