On 5-May-09, at 6:07 AM, Nenad Milasinovic wrote:

I am interested is there any reliable open source, LGPL licensed GIS SDK or library suited for building commercial, platform independent GIS application on top of it. I am also interested for commercial solutions but only as SDK or library.
I will appreciate any help.

All OSGeo applications are open source licensed and can be built on top of on most operating systems. On http://osgeo.org there is a list of projects that are under the OSGeo umbrella, some are specifically libraries for processing or data conversion, whereas others are application frameworks or desktop/web applications you can customise.

Do you have something specific you are looking to create?

Tyler