Note also that a bit ago we started 'geosilk', see

http://projects.opengeo.org/geosilk
http://blog.opengeo.org/2009/05/01/geosilk/

These extend the 'silk' icon set which is widely used on the web, borrowing geospatial icons from the uDig icons:

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/Imagery

We're using them in the GeoServer admin console and in GeoExt, and are definitely excited for more people to make use of them and for collaboration. It'd be great to sync up somehow with the gis icons, though it looks like ours are a bit more space constrained.

Chris

Jeroen Ticheler wrote:
Hi Robert,
This is a beautiful initiative! It could also serve the online applications I would think.
Ciao,
Jeroen