Steven M. Ottens wrote:
Hi all,

I've finished my tests. The conclusion: Geoserver has a bug which
offsets all the results by half a pixel, this is a known issue with
the definition of the location of a pixel. Added to this there’s the
no-data border which appears with non-native, non-multiple requests.
I presume that will be gone once the pixel issue is resolved.

Ah hem, are you sure it's correct to call it a bug?
My impression is that we are respecting the OGC specs to the letter and
that, as it often happens, the real world is actually working
differently, but I need to double check with Simone that dealt with
this issue more in detail

Cheers
Andrea